Wednesday, November 2, 2011

So much for "Day One!"

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry...


To satisfy the requirements of this 90 Day Challenge, I secured a sitter and headed to Zumba tonight. I never made it.


I'd just put fuel in the van and was on my way for a mere two minutes when I saw two cars ahead, stopped on both sides of the road. I figured they had been in some kind of accident with one another....after all, it was a *dark and stormy night* and things were pretty chaotic on the roads. As I approached their vehicles, I saw IT (just as I ran over it) - a tire, in the middle of the road. It made a horrendous sound as it scraped the under carriage of my van. I swerved into a ditch and there I remained for the next two and half hours.


I didn't want to go outside, partly because of the freezing downpour and partly because I was afraid of what I'd find after that awful sound I heard. I called AAA, updated my membership and a tow truck was on the way. Then I called the police, because I learned that no one had done that yet. I got out and talked to the guys involved. Apparently (the guy on the other side of the road), his tire flew off as he was driving and the other guy, coming in the opposite direction, ran into it. Cue Ellen, cluelessly driving down the road...completely unaware that she was about to hit that same tire...


The po po eventually showed up. We huddled under my umbrella as they took my information. I kept thinking...."THIS TOTALLY BITES!!" It was kinda fun to prattle on with the po po, though. I told them all about Jim and asked them questions about police work. The cops told me to cancel my tow truck because they had one of their own coming. The female officer assured me it would be "on them." Well...it wasn't.


Finally, two and half wet & freezing hours and $200 later, I was driving home. I was extremely frustrated on how my night ended up. But mostly, relieved. Why wallow in it? It happened. It's over. It could've been much worse. No one was hurt, my vehicle is fine...and hopefully insurance will get my $200 back, ASAP!!


I'm pleased that I ate healthy today, and did a bit of Zumba on the Playstation 3 with my daughters this afternoon. That's something. And something is always better than nothing. Tomorrow is another day!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! What an adventure! Glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love your attitude! You awesome adorable woman.

    ReplyDelete